Get to know us, what we stand for and what we believe
We're a Christian Family Church that believes we are called to live a life on fire for Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit. We love God, and we believe in His radical, unconditional and unwavering love for us. We believe that Jesus is God. We place the highest priority on Jesus as a live life to the fullest invitation, and we invite you on a journey towards Him.
We believe that you have a dream deep inside your heart, and that God put that dream there not for our glory, but for His. We’re not concerned with where you’ve been, but where you’re going. You might not attend any church, which doesn’t make you the enemy, you are a real person who need the perfect love that only God can give, and we believe that God gives this love through of all people … Us. We believe the Bible is God’s word. It is real, it is living and it’s active.
And finally and most importantly, at Lighthouse Church we believe that Jesus really lived, that He really died on the cross and that He really rose again on the third day...and we cannot and we will not candy coat or water down that message...EVER!!
We believe in the fundamental truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures including the following:
- The unity of the Triune Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deut 6:4, Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14)
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement. (Gen 1:1, Heb 1:1-2, Titus 3:4-5, Acts 17:31)
- The plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments in their original form and their entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:21, 1 Cor 2:13)
- Man’s fallen condition through Adam’s transgression, rendering him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation. (Rom 5:12, 2 Thes 1:7-9)
- Redemption from sin solely through the sacrificial and propitiating death of our Lord Jesus. (Rom 3:25-26, 5:15-21, 2 Cor 5:19, Mk 10:45)
- The bodily resurrection of our Saviour from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of the Father in glory. (1 Cor 15:4, Heb 8:1)
- The Holy Spirit as the divine agent through whom lost and sinful man is regenerated, and by whom the believer is empowered for life and service. (Jn 3:5-6, Rom 8:9, 2 Thes 2:13)
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone. (Gal 2:16, Eph 2:8-9)
- The one universal Church is the body of Christ to which all true believers in Him belong. (Eph 1:22-23, 1 Cor 12:12-13, Acts 2:41-47)
- The blessed hope of Christ’s return to power and glory. (Acts 1:11, Heb 9:28, 2 Pet 3:10).
Lighthouse Church Values
We call them the 5 G's. These represent Lighthouse Church values, what we believe we must be and do, to impact not only our community, but also our country and the world.
Derek & Heidi Chester-Browne
Derek and Heidi were sure of the call of God on their lives when they were born again in 2007 and responded to the call to lead New Covenant church Secunda in 2010.
In December 2010 Derek, Heidi and their family moved to Secunda to lead the then New Covenant Church Secunda, they subsequently changed the name to Lighthouse church, they have been the lead elders of the church ever since then, and they have enjoyed the favor of God on their lives.
Heidi and Derek both have a powerful testimony, Heidi flows naturally in the prophetic and is a wonderful worship leader. Derek has an apostolic call on his life, with a great heart to see nations saved. Their children, 2 daughters and son-in-law, Leah, Caitlin and Marco all love Jesus and passionately serve in the church on the worship team.
Derek does the greater share of the preaching
Derek and Heidi are convinced that Lighthouse Church will be instrumental in seeing the great end time harvest come in and the last great revival as we excitedly anticipate the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.