We're a Christian Family Church that believes we are called to live a life on fire for Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit. We love God, and we believe in His radical, unconditional and unwavering love for us. We believe that Jesus is God. We place the highest priority on Jesus as a live life to the fullest invitation, and we invite you on a journey towards Him.
We believe that you have a dream deep inside your heart, and that God put that dream there not for our glory, but for His. We’re not concerned with where you’ve been, but where you’re going. You might not attend any church, which doesn’t make you the enemy, you are a real person who need the perfect love that only God can give, and we believe that God gives this love through of all people … Us. We believe the Bible is God’s word. It is real, it is living and it’s active.
And finally and most importantly, at Lighthouse Church we believe that Jesus really lived, that He really died on the cross and that He really rose again on the third day...and we cannot and we will not candy coat or water down that message...EVER!!
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in the fundamental truths of Christianity as revealed in the Scriptures including the following:
- The unity of the Triune Godhead - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deut 6:4, Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14)
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement. (Gen 1:1, Heb 1:1-2, Titus 3:4-5, Acts 17:31)
- The plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments in their original form and their entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:21, 1 Cor 2:13)
- Man’s fallen condition through Adam’s transgression, rendering him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation. (Rom 5:12, 2 Thes 1:7-9)
- Redemption from sin solely through the sacrificial and propitiating death of our Lord Jesus. (Rom 3:25-26, 5:15-21, 2 Cor 5:19, Mk 10:45)
- The bodily resurrection of our Saviour from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of the Father in glory. (1 Cor 15:4, Heb 8:1)
- The Holy Spirit as the divine agent through whom lost and sinful man is regenerated, and by whom the believer is empowered for life and service. (Jn 3:5-6, Rom 8:9, 2 Thes 2:13)
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone. (Gal 2:16, Eph 2:8-9)
- The one universal Church is the body of Christ to which all true believers in Him belong. (Eph 1:22-23, 1 Cor 12:12-13, Acts 2:41-47)
- The blessed hope of Christ’s return to power and glory. (Acts 1:11, Heb 9:28, 2 Pet 3:10).
We could label ourselves as “charismatic”, but we realise the necessity of avoiding labels. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 12) and the many infillings of the Holy Spirit. (Eph 5:18)
We are firmly committed to “discipling the nations” (Mat 28:19-20, Acts 1:8), and you will therefore be exposed to much teaching and impartation of this vision.
click on picture to display value
It’s all about Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit. We allow Him to direct our meetings and we enjoy seeing the Holy Spirit move, changing people’s lives and setting them free. We do hope that you will come and experience Him for yourself.
Not only do we gather on Sundays, but throughout the week we have activities in order for you to stay connected with your Lighthouse Church family. For more information check out Our Ministries page.
Lighthouse church grows by numbers quarterly, but we grow by knowledge even more. We have a Bible School that will equip you to grow into the unique calling God has placed on your life. In 2018 Lighthouse Church opened another Lighthouse Church in Cape Town, which is led by Milo and Alison Bridgens. Check out their page for further information …
God has given us a mandate, to go and make disciples of nations. That is why we take this very serious when spreading the joyful news of Jesus Christ. We have partnered with a number of churches in different areas such as Leandra, Botswana, Lesotho. Outreaches are important for us to grow ourselves and those around us.
We believe that tithing is a Biblical principle, and do so with a joyful heart. We also give of our time to volunteer and assist where we are needed, whether this is in KidsZone, Coffee shop, Info Desk, etc.
Derek and Heidi Chester-Browne
Leon and Natalie Bezuidenhout
Greg and Candice Odell
Philip and Lettie Scott
Riaan and Riette Weideman
Hein and Mignonette van Heerden
Blessing and Ethol Chihungwa
Cois and Paula Erasmus